To be eligible to purchase, or rent, through the MPDU program an individual or household must:
- Have an income that is 100% or less than the median family income for the Baltimore Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), with adjustments for household size, as reported by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and does not currently own a home.
- * Gross annual income from all current sources for all wage earners in the household.
- Be a City resident or employed within the City limits for at least the past 12 months (please refer to City limits map or Street Listing).
- Be a City of Annapolis employee beyond their probationary period.
- Be a teacher or staff member in a school that is included in the Annapolis Senior High School district as defined by the Anne Arundel County Public Schools which include Annapolis Senior High School, Annapolis Middle School, Hillsmere Elementary School and Rolling Knolls Elementary School. A person who has been employed within the Naval Academy or the Annapolis Naval Base for at least the past 12 months.
- Be a person who has been employed within the Naval Academy or the Annapolis Naval Base for at least the past 12 months.
- Is a resident of Anne Arundel County and has a disability as defined by the Social Security Administration. (May purchase or rent ninety (90) days after the property becomes available.)
If you are eligible for the MPDU program, ACDS staff will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility. ACDS will mail out Certificates within four weeks.
To purchase an MPDU, you should have a minimum household income of around $50,000 and should be able to qualify for a mortgage equal to the sales price of the house. If you have sufficient assets to use for a down payment, it may enable you to qualify for a lower mortgage. If so, please document this in a letter attached to the application.